Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts
Scope of Application
- Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- In the case of when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Ter ms and Conditions.
Application for Accommodation Contracts
- A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of following particulars:
- (1) Name of Guest（s）：
- (2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival：
- (3) Accommodation Charges（based, in principal, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No.1）; and
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest request, during his stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the date in subparagraph（2）of the preceding paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
Conclusion of Accommodation Contract, etc.
- A contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit ﬁxed by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest's entire period of stay （3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days） by the date speciﬁed by the Hotel.
- The deposit shall be ﬁrst used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accomm odation Charges as stated in Article 12.
- When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of Article 3, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is speciﬁed.
Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
- Notwithstanding the provision of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- In the case when the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not speciﬁed the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as that the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of following cases:
- （1）When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
- （2）When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available;
- （3）When the Guest seeking Accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation;
- （4）When the guest seeking Accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- （5）When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
- （6）When the Hotel is unable to provided accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes;
- （7）When the Guest seeking accommodation, owing to heavy intoxication or other reasons, is liable to cause annoyance to other guests and/or, in fact, conducts himself in a disorderly manner and disturbs or annoys other guest（s）（The provision of Article No.5 of Hokkaido Prefectural Ordinance）
- （8）When the Guest seeking accommodation acts violently, makes treats, intimidates, makes violent demands, or makes any other coercive or unreasonable demand or action;
- （9）When the Guest seeking accommodation acts disruptively or dangerously, causing distress to other Guests, or behaves in any other way which may cause trouble for the facility or other Guests;
- （10）When the Guest seeking accommodation has breached articles（3）,（5）,（7）,（8）or（9）of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts of the Hotel in the past ;
- （11）When the Guest seeking accommodation is in a gang, a gang member, or is part of or related to an organization associated with gangs;
- （12）When the Guest seeking accommodation is associated with a corporation or organization whose board members or members are identiﬁed as gangsters and who control business ;
- （13）When the Guest seeking accommodation is part or a member of an antisocial group that threatens the order and safety of society;
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable（except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit during the speciﬁed period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment）, the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No.2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribe in Paragraph 1of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of the payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
- In the case when the Guest does not appear by 8 p.m. of the accommodation date （or 2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notiﬁed of such） without an advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel
- The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases;
Furthermore, the Hotel assumes no responsibility for damages incurred from cancellations of the Accommodation Contract conducted in accordance to this Article.
- （1）When the Guest corresponds to any of the items listed in Article 5 of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts, or when such a connection is discovered during the Guest's stay.
- （2）When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct and/or have conducted himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order and good morals in regard to his accommodation;
- （3）When the Guest can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- （4）When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
- （5）When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure;
- （6）When the Guest seeking accommodation, owing to heavy intoxication or other reasons, is liable to cause annoyance to other guests and/or, in fact, conducts himself in a disorderly manner and disturbs or annoys other guests.（The provisions of Article No.5 of Hokkaido Prefectural Ordinance）
- （7）When the Guest dose not abstain from prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, tampering with the ﬁre-ﬁghting facilities and other prohibition of the Use Regulations stipulated by the Hotel（restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid the causing of ﬁres）.
- In the case when the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any services which he did not receive during the contractual period.
- The guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation.
- （1）Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest（s）;
- （2）For non-Japanese Guest（s）; nationality, passport number, port and date of entry into Japan;
- （3）Date and estimated time of departure; and
- （4）Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest intends to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler's checks, coupons or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
- The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 3:00p.m, to 11:00a.m. next day. However, in the case when the Guest is accommodation continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- The Hotel may, not with standing the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In the case, extra charges shall be paid as follows:
- （1）Up to 3 hours: 30% of the room charge.
- （2）Up to 6 hours: 50% of the room charge.
- （3）More than 6 hours: 100% of the room charge.
Observance of Use Regulations
The guest shall observe the Use Regulations established by the Hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
Regarding the business hours of the main facilities etc. of the hotel, the Guest shall refer to the lists under "Institution Guide・Interphone" and "Restaurant and Bar Guide" on page 3.
Payment of Accommodation Charges
- The breakdown of the Accommodation charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the Attached Table No.1.
- Accommodation Charges, etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid with Japanese currency or by any means other than Japanese currency such as traveler's checks, coupons or credit cards recognized by the Hotel at the front desk at the time of the departure of the Guest or upon request by the Hotel.
- Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him by the Hotel and which are at the his disposal.
Liabilities of the Hotel
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulﬁllment or the non-fulﬁllment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in case when such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
- The Hotel shall be covered by the Hotel Liability Insurance in order to deal with unexpected ﬁre and/or other disasters.
Procedure when unable to provide Contract Rooms
- The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made not with standing the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not compensate the Guest.
Handling of Deposited Articles
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to the goods, cash or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel, to the goods, cash or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the front desk.
Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his check-in.
- When the baggage or belongings of the guest are found left behind after his check-out, and the ownership of the article is identiﬁed, the Hotel shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no instruction is given to the Hotel by the owner or when the ownership is not identiﬁed, the Hotel shall keep the article for 7 days including the day it is found, and after this period, the Hotel shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
- The Hotel's liability in regard to the custody of the Guest's baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article 15 in the case of Paragraph 2.
Liability in Regard to Parking
The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply oﬀers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited at the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot.
Liability of the Guest
The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
These Provisions are written both in Japanese and in English. In the event of any inconsistency or diﬀerence between the two versions of these Provisions, the Japanese version shal l prevail in all respects.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Laws
Any dispute arising from/or in relation to these Provisions shall be referred to the Japanese court having jurisdiction over the location of this Hotel and resolved in accordance with applicable Japanese laws.
Attached Table No.1
The breakdown of the Accommodation charges, etc（Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2, and Paragraph 1 of Article 12）
Remarks of Table No.1
- Basic Accommodation Charge is based on the tariffs, which are posted in this Hotel.
- Other expenses under（5）include telephone and laundry charges , etc.
- The applicable charge for extra bed, it requested, shall be added to above.
- Those charges are subject to change to revisions of the Tax Laws concerned.
Attached Table No.2
Cancellation charge for Hotel（Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6）
Remarks to Table No.2
- The percentages signify the rate of cancellation charge to the Basic Accommodation Charge.
- When the number of days contracted is shortened , the cancellation charge for the ﬁrst day of the cancelled period shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
- When part of a group booking (for 6 rooms or more) is cancelled, the cancellation charges shall not be charged for the number of rooms equivalent to 10% of the number of rooms booked as of 10 days prior to the occupancy. When the cancellation is accepted less than 10 days prior to the occupancy, the date of acceptance shall apply with fractions counted as a whole number.